'Do I need EQC Seam or Seamlock® for my next project?'
In our latest blog, we’ll explore the features and benefits of EQC Seam and Seamlock® to help you find the right system for you.
EQC Seam: Our bespoke standing seam roofing system
EQC Seam is our custom lightweight roofing system. It’s a standing seam roofing system that’s perfect for bespoke designs and long length roof slopes, where aesthetics as well as performance are required.
Benefits of EQC Seam
- Design flexibility - complex roof shapes are possible with self curve to 45m radius and machine-curved to tighter radiuses
- Excellent thermal performance - low u-value can be achieved down to 0.12 W/m2k
- Top acoustic performance for both sound reduction and absorption
- On-site continuous rolling options for EQC Seam roof systems - reduces transport costs
- No max sheet length, thus end lapping can be avoided
EQC Seam is a site assembled system comprising of a liner sheet (or structural deck) separated by a spacer system with EQC Seam external standing seam profile. It uses mineral wool installed between the sheets to provide the thermal and acoustic insulation.
Its defining characteristics are long-term durability and minimal maintenance.
Here are some recent high-profile examples of EQC Seam being used:
- Craigavon Hospital Paediatric Unit - a brand new unit development
- Lusk National School & GP Hall - new classroom construction
- Stephenstown School
EQC Seamlock®: our sustainable pre-finished metal roofing and cladding system
The EQC Seamlock® Roof and Wall System is a cost-effective and quicker alternative to traditional metal standing seam roofing.
Whereas traditional metal standing seam roofs are made of lead and require specialist skills to install, EQC Seamlock® is simple to fit. It is also available in a variety of materials including pre-finished steel and aluminium.
You can also specify whether it is to be a cold or warm roof system. And if used as wall cladding or a rainscreen facade, EQC Seamlock® can be applied in horizontal, vertical or even diagonal orientations.
Benefits of EQC Seamlock®
- Ideal for low pitch or curved roof application with self curve radius (convex) 15m
- Can be curved to a specific radius of 2m in steel and as little as 0.5m in aluminium
- Excellent thermal performance with warm-woof system - uses Rocslab insulation for u-values as low as 0.15 W/m2k
- Top acoustic performance and sound reduction with warm roof system
- Option of factory production or site-rolling to suit project requirements
- Max sheet length 20m
- Non-combustible insulation
Whether your project requires a traditional look, or a more contemporary finish, EQC Seamlock® Systems is adept at both.
Its defining characteristics are durability and performance for a cost-effective outlay.
And here are some examples of EQC Seamlock® in situ:
- St Patrick's Cathedral Grammar School - a durable roofing solution
- Friary Hall Residential Development - wall cladding for house canopies
- Midlands Regional Hospital in Portlaoise - curved roof for a new building
Which type of roof is best?
It depends on your needs and on your brief. EQC Seam is ideal for more bespoke projects, as it excels at complex shapes.
However, if you require something more standardised and ‘off the shelf’, then Seamlock® is more cost-effective with simpler installation and shallower seams.
EQC Roofing and Cladding solutions
EQC Seam and Seamlock® are just two products in our range of roofing and cladding solutions.
Discover more of what we offer or speak with one of our expert technical team.
More news from EQC: