Roof Deck from EQC offers major benefits with its structural and dimensional stability providing significant construction cost savings.
It does this by eliminating the need for roof purlins while also reducing the extent of structural steelwork.
With all the benefits of wide-span construction, EQC Roof Deck enables lighter and more economic designs for high performance roof installations. Roof Deck typically supports single-ply membrane or bituminous build-up flat roof systems, green roof systems or EQC Seam standing-seam roof assemblies.
The EQC Roof Deck range can be supplied with web perforations to improve acoustic absorption. EQC perforated decking provides excellent sound absorption characteristics and our technical team can provide details of systems tested for both absorption and reduction. We also offer indicative acoustic calculations for the selected roof system.
EQC Roof Deck is supplied to site in made-to-order lengths up to 12 metres. Where long lengths are difficult to handle on site, use of extended end-laps may be considered to achieve required structural performance.
Benefits of EQC Roof Deck
- May be utilised as an intrinsic element of complex curved roof shapes, both concave, convex and radial
- Manufactured from Tata galvanised steel
- Available with a coated face to the underside
- All non-perforated decks provide a fire rating of Class 1 to BS476: Part 7 and Class O surface in accordance with Building Regulations Part B (Fire Safety)
Full information is freely available from EQC for architects, engineers and contractors to assist with all aspects of deck application.
EQC can supply load / span tables for each deck profile.
EQC can also provide comprehensive assistance in creating specifications for the decking range to ensure optimum selection for a given application.
EQC Roof Deck profiles are available in a range of galvanised steel gauges from 0.7mm to 1.5mm, with the option of white lining-enamel coating to underside, to order.
- Perforated profiles to provide acoustic absorption may also be supplied.
- EQC decks in mill or white-coated aluminium material are also available.
Download load/span tables